Friday, June 5, 2009

House projects

I wanted to add something to make our front porch stand out a little more, so here is the before picture (taken over the winter, obviously):




After we put the railings on and made the pillars a little bigger:


Closer up:



And after with the railings, floor freshly painted, and new landscaping with rocks on either side of sidewalk. Now you can see the tree with leaves on it that shades the house nicely!


Closer up view. I want to put a new light fixture in by the front door.



Thanks to my mom and brother for help with the construction and brainstorming, and to my lovely husband for helping me get the rocks and dirt. You all are awesome! Now to think of the next project. Hmmm... Any ideas? :)

And here's a picture of Gus, who LOVED to climb up on the porch while I was painting. See the white paint he got all over his ear?? Luckily he didn't mess it up too badly. Crazy dog!


No comments:

Post a Comment