Tuesday, May 5, 2009

We're going to the zoo, zoo, zoo

Last Sunday, I went to the zoo with my sister-in-law Kara, her sister Kelsey, Kelsey's boyfriend Mike, and my niece Makayla (of course!). The weather was great that day, even though we got sprinkled on a little. At least it wasn't blazingly HOT, like it usually is when I've ever gone to the zoo.

I had never been to the Wichita zoo before, and I was not disappointed! It's a great zoo...and they have penguins! The new tiger exhibit is opening on Memorial Day weekend, so I'll definitely have to go back and see it. Makayla had a wonderful time. She loved looking at all of the different kinds of birds, especially. Probably because they were always active.

Sadly, I don't have any pictures to show. I had taken a bunch of really good ones of Makayla looking at the animals, but close to the end of the day I realized I had LOST my new camera! Grrrrrr.... I'm NOT having good camera luck lately. So unfortunately I lost all of the great pictures as well as the camera. I'm still holding out hope that some nice person will find my camera and actually return it to guest services. They have my phone number, I'm just waiting for a phone call.

No comments:

Post a Comment